CHRIS' QUARANTINE RECOMMENDATION OF THE DAY (3/24/20): THE 80s SLASHER LIBRARIAN
CHRIS' QUARANTINE RECOMMENDATION OF THE DAY (3/24/20) : THE 80s SLASHER LIBRARIAN By Chris La Vigna ( @Chris_LaVigna ) The 80s Slasher Librarian is here for all of your horror audiobook screams...er, I mean, needs! Some of you might not know this, but back in the day, movie novelizations were a prolific sub section of the literary market. I myself remember buying the novelization to Sam Raimi's 2002 SPIDERMAN film at a Scholastic book fair as a kid, reading through the whole thing in two days because I was so excited for the movie that I was willing to read it before I saw it. And there are countless examples of filmic stories being re-told in prose, particularly in the horror and sci-fi genres. Hell, ask any die-hard STAR WARS fan about the entire secondary universe that exists within all of the novelizations and tie-in books... While the glory days of movie novelizations have long since passed, out there in the wilds of the world wide web, there's one m...


Comments
Post a Comment